Chana Jor Garam is a mouthwatering Indian traditional snack made out of black gram. Something chatpata is always my favorite. And this recipe is bang on hit for anyone. It has a rather salty taste. This jor garam which is made of fried and flatten black grams and chopped raw vegetables like onions, tomatoes, carrot, raw mango, coriander leaves as well as other ingredients like puffed rice, red chili powder, Cumin seeds Powder, chat masala, lemon juice and others. The Chana jor garam is served on streets, usually, wrapped in some paper.
I have beautiful memory with this most popular and delicious snack, When I got engaged, Himanshu's Office was also in Ahmedabad, and we used to meet almost everyday. There were so many place where we used to seat there and keep on chatting for hours. There's a place called Law Garden in Ahmedabad, where you will find each and every street food snacks, including chana jor garam which is normally a man sell it on Thela, or he used to move with big hanging plate on his shoulder with full of chana jor garam and, some masalas ,Onions, and Tomatos, If you wish to have some chopped Raw mangoes in the season, That makes it heaven. So me and himanshu used to have this chana jor garam chaat and we keep on talking and shopping at that place.
Awww I miss that days. But beautiful memory. Made these chana jor garam chaat yesterday just for munching, Prisha too loved these flatten chana and she was playing with them full of her hands ;) Well, So you guys enjoy this easy and awesome recipe of chana jor garam and Enjoyyy!!!
Chana jor garam as required (I am using Haldiram's Chana jor garam Packet)
2-3 Green chilies finely chopped
1/4 tsp Black salt
1/4 Cup Fresh coriander leaves
1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 Onion finely chopped
1 Tomato finely chopped
Chaat masala to taste
How to make Flatten Black gram
1. Take garbanzo beans or Kala chana and soak it over night and boil it till the chana is soft.
2. Press them with the help of rolling pin and dry them in sun or in the oven.
3. Heat oil in a pan add these flatten chana and cook them on a medium flame, still stirring, transfer into plate. Your chana jor garam is ready to make chaat.
4. Now add coriander powder, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, black salt and dried mango powder, Salt and mix them well.
3. At the end Sprinkle lemon juice, onion, tomato, chaat masala on it and Enjoyyyy this chatpata street food snack.
Note: If the Mango season is there, You can add Raw chopped mango too in this chaat...I personally love that tangy taste of raw mango in this chaat....In fact, In any chat ;)