Chana Dal Khichdi, its delicious, Yummy and healthy Khichdi. It takes very less time to prepare. Chana dal is produced by removing the outer layer of Kala Chana (black chickpeas) and then splitting the kernel. It provides an excellent source of protein, particularly for those adopting Vegetarian diets or diets which do not contain much meat.Most daal recipes are quite simple to prepare. The standard preparation begins with boiling a variety of daal (or a mix) in water with some turmeric, salt to taste, and then adding a fried garnish at the end of the cooking process.This chana daal khichdi is so easy to make, simply just soak the chana daal and rice Cook them with some ginger paste and green chilies, simple yet exotic food to serve. I can have this khichdi anytime like in lunch or dinner too. I normally prefer light food in my dinner time, So, many times I used to make this khichdi and enjoy it with Plain curd with hint of sugar.
1 Cup Basmati Rise
1/2 Cup Chana Daal, Soaked and drained
pinch of Asafoetida
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
2 Green Chilies, sliced or chopped
1/2 tsp Grated Ginger
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1. Wash the rice and chana dal, Soak in a water separately for one hour.
2. Now half Cook chana daal Heat the oil in a pan, and saute Bay leaf, Cumin seeds, Cinnamon. and add pinch of asafoetida.
3. Add green chilies and ginger and cook them until the ginger is cooked very well.
4. Add rice and Pre-cooked chana dal, turmeric Powder and salt according to taste and cook for a minute.
5. Add 2 cups of water, Mix it well and cook it for 20-25 minutes in a medium flame till it becomes
dry and tender. Your Chana dal Khichdi is ready to serve. garnish it with some coriander leaves.