A picnic is an excursion at which a meal is eaten outdoors, ideally taking place in a scenic landscape such as a park, beside a lake or with an interesting view and possibly at a public event such as before an open-air theater performance, and usually in summer. Descriptions of picnics show that the idea of a meal that was jointly contributed and was enjoyed out-of-doors were essential to a picnic.
Picnics are often family-oriented but can also be a good time between two people or a large get-together such as company picnics and church picnics. It is also sometimes combined with a cookout, usually a form of barbecue; either grilling, baking, or a combination of all of the above.
As my in laws are in town, we were thinking to have picnic at sea line beach in doha, and when Our foodiemonday team has decided to have Picnic theme, It was very very easy and nice theme for me !! My family, and two more family were about to join us but due to weather change we could not make it to reach there, It takes almost one and half hour to reach there from my place, On a Friday we were thinking to go there, Then a plan is changed and we went to Aspire Park, which is very huge and big park to hang on. we just took some food with us and just drop in to that Park. My Inlaws loved this park, They enjoyed this small picnic at Aspire and prisha was like in heaven, because there are so many slides, games and lot more for kids. She enjoyed the evening so much and thts a worth time spend at Aspire park. we took so many pics, and it was tough to make them wait to take food pics when they were so so hungry ;) I made this easy coconut flavor Sandwishes and they liked it so much :) I didnt grilled them because when we reach there, It becomes so soft and himanshu don't like cold grilled sandwich, so I packed them as they are. besides these sandwiches I packed some Fruit, muffins, Popcorns, Chocolates, Croissants, and Chocolate Rolls and juice. I took these Pictures in hurry. So couldn't take each and every items pic. Tried to cover them all :) It was a lovely Evening and we enjoyed it a lot.
This is our 36th Foodiemonday Bloghop event, and we are celebrating Picnic theme and It was really a fun theme, Thanks to Krithika by suggesting this theme and You guys can have loads of idea to enjoy your picnics with this wonderful recipes!! Mine is Fresh Coconut sandwich and the taste was really yummy!!! I grated this fresh coconut in a bit thick slices, added roasted them with some cumin and fennel powder. I love that chunks of coconut, you can simply grate them thinly, or whatever you like, it tastes good with green chutney and red chili sauce, So Check out this wonderful and new version of sandwich recipe here and Enjoy!!! :)
1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
1/4 Cup Roasted Capsicum, chopped
1/4 Cup Grated Carrot
2 Tbsp Grated Fresh Coconut
1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
1/4 tsp fennel Powder
1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Dhaniya powder
1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tsp Sugar
Salt to taste
Some Lettuce leaves
1/2 Cup Green Chutney
1/2 Cup Red chili Sauce
1. Cook the Potato in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles, peel the skin and mash it.
2. Take a pan and add Grated coconut in it and add Cumin powder, and Fennel seeds Powder and pinch of Salt. cook this for 2 minutes and transfer this to another bowl to cool it and keep it aside.
3. Now take another Bowl and add this mashed Potato and add all the chopped and grated vegetables, coconut mixture and add red chili Powder, Cumin Powder, Fennel Powder, Dhaniya Powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric powder, salt and sugar, Mix this well.
4. Take a bread slice and apply Green coriander Chutney on it and the Plenty amount of Potato stuffing. Apply Red chili sauce on it. Take another slice of bread and apply butter as needed. Close it with the bread slice which has stuffing.
5. If you want you can grill it, To grill it, Apply some butter on the sandwich maker and top of the bread slice, toast it or toast it in a griddle. Cut it into two triangles.
Serve it Hot!!!:)))