The oat, sometimes called the common oat, is a species of cereal grain grown for its seed. While oats are suitable for human consumption as oatmeal and rolled oats, one of the most common uses is as livestock feed.
Oats have numerous uses in foods; most commonly, they are rolled or crushed into oatmeal, or ground into fine oat flour. Oatmeal is chiefly eaten as porridge, but may also be used in a variety of baked goods, such as oatcakes, oatmeal cookies and oat bread. Oats are also an ingredient in many cold cereals, in particular muesli and granola.
Oats are generally considered "healthy", or a health food, being touted as nutritious. The established property of their cholesterol-lowering effects has led to acceptance of oats as a health food. Oats contain more soluble fiber than any other grain, resulting in slower digestion, a feeling of satiety and suppression of appetite. One type of soluble fiber, beta-glucans, has been proven to lower cholesterol.
2/3 Cup Oats (Crush them in mixi and make powder)
1/4 Cup Semolina
1/2 Cup Gram flour
1/2 Cup Wheat flour
4 Tbsp Oil
2 Cup Spring onion chopped finely
1/4 Cup Shredded Carrot
Ginger To Taste, minced
Garlic To Taste, minced
Green chillies To Taste, minced
1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
3 Tbsp Yogurt
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 Tbsp Coriander powder
1/4 Tbsp Cumin powder
Salt To Taste
Sugar To Taste
4 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Mustard seeds
1 Tsp Sesame seed
2-3 Green chillies
1. In a large bowl add all the ingredients except oil and baking soda. Mix well. Set aside.
2. Prepare the steamer by filling water at the bottom and placing the steam basket.
3.To the bowl with the ingredients mixture add the baking powder and sprinkle water little by little and mix well till it forms a normal Paratha dough. Make two parts of this dough, Roll this dough thick, Then cut them in any shape, I used heart shape, you can simply make small cylindrical balls and directly put them on steam, but here as always I like to make some something different so gave them shape with lovely heart shape!
4. Steam it for around 20 minutes. Remove from the steamer and let it sit till it can be handles.
5. In a frying pan, heat oil. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter, followed by sesame seeds.
6. Cover and let them splutter. Add a pinch of asafoetida and sauté for 2 seconds. Add the sliced chillies then steamed dumplings and sauté for a few minutes or till it absorbs the tempering and is covered by the sesame seeds.
Serve it with Mint flavored yogurt and Tomato sauce!
Enjoyy these Super Healthy and yummmyyy too!!!